Saratoga, New York – Congresswoman Elise Stefanik today hosted a virtual roundtable with North Country sheriffs to provide a legislative update and hear from these law enforcement leaders on working together to support law enforcement and keep our communities safe.
- The Back the Blue Act to authorize funding for more officer hiring and salary increases for state and local law enforcement,
- The Local Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2021 to incentivize states to provide robust qualified immunity to law enforcement officers,
- The Law Enforcement Officer Equity Act to guarantee police officers across the federal government receive their full retirement benefits,
- The Patrick Underwood Law Enforcement Protection Act to increase penalties for assault on a federal officer in U.S. Code by heightening fines and establishing mandatory imprisonment for assault with a deadly weapon,
- The David Dorn Act, which doubles the maximum imprisonment for rioting to 10 years and establishes a mandatory fine of $1,000,
- The Jaime Zapata and Victor Avila Federal Law Enforcement Protection Act to protect officers by allowing the United States to prosecute the murder of a federal officer that occurs outside the U.S., which was passed into law, and
- The JUSTICE Act, the Republican alternative to Nancy Pelosi’s Defund the Police legislation.
- Stefanik also co-led the Stop Enabling Repeat Violence and Endangering (SERVE) Our Communities Act, which would authorize $10 million in annual anti-recidivism grant funding to incentivize states and localities to invest in law enforcement.