Washington, D.C. – Congresswoman Elise Stefanik has supported a package of bills to address the energy crisis and drive down skyrocketing prices by unleashing domestic energy production.
“As every hardworking family in Upstate New York and the North Country is forced to pay more to fill up their car, commute to work, and heat their home due to the Biden administration’s failed policies, I am committed to solutions that will address this energy crisis,” Stefanik said. “I am proud to support legislation that will address the Biden administration’s failed policies by unleashing domestic energy production, alleviating U.S. reliance on foreign nations for oil, and restore the Keystone XL pipeline. All these components are critical to reversing the historic gas prices hurting families across Upstate New York and the North Country and ensure our energy security. I will continue to fight for lower energy prices and especially to bring down the cost of gas and heating oil.”
A breakdown of these legislative solutions Stefanik is supporting can be seen below:
- American Energy Independence from Russia Act (H.R. 6858) to immediately undo the Biden administration’s actions that have hurt gas production in the United States and protect American energy development so we can start to see prices at the gas station decrease.
- Unleashing American Energy Act (H.R. 7285) to reverse the Biden administration’s policy attack on American energy and expand oil and gas production to bring immediate relief to prices at the pump.
- Securing American Energy and Investing in Resiliency Act (H.R. 7292) responds to the Biden administration’s refusal to issue a single new offshore lease and requires the Biden administration to execute the three offshore lease sales already approved, which is critical for operator certainty to keep energy prices low.
- Energy Permitting Certainty Act (H.R. 7293) which would ensure drilling permits cannot be delayed due to unrelated litigation.
- Promoting Energy Independence and Transparency Act (H.R. 7298) to require issuance of Applications for Permits to Drill (APDs) that have successfully completed environmental review and hold the Biden administration accountable for the delays in permit issuances to lessen U.S. dependence on foreign energy sources.
- Restore Onshore Energy Production Act (H.R. 7304) which immediately resumes oil and gas lease sales on eligible federal lands.
- Protecting American Energy Production Act (H.R. 751) to ensure that domestic energy production can continue without political interference and hold the Administration accountable as we seek to understand their unwillingness to work with domestic energy producers on solutions to our crippling energy crises.
- Keystone XL Pipeline Construction and Jobs Preservation Act (H.R. 684), which authorizes the construction and operation of the Keystone XL Pipeline and makes sure that a presidential permit is not required for the construction, connection, operation, or maintenance of the outlined pipeline and border facilities.