Washington, D.C. – Congresswoman Elise Stefanik today announced that the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is granting $586,501.61 to eight fire departments in New York’s 21st District.
During the grant process, Stefanik held a webinar for NY-21 fire departments with FEMA staff to review the Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program and answer questions about the application process. Additionally, Stefanik provided letters of support for many of the awarded projects.
“Our hardworking firefighters selflessly answer the call to serve day or night, and now these taxpayer dollars will return to New York’s 21st District to support the hard work of our fire departments,” Stefanik said. “I am proud to deliver these critical funds and work to ensure these frontline workers have the funding they need to effectively protect our communities and are equipped to keep themselves safe.”
A breakdown of the funding can be seen here:
- $183,238.09 to Ausable Forks Fire Department, Inc.
- $181,817.27 to City of Watertown
- $94,796.19 to Village of Greenwich
- $47,982.85 to Village of Lyons Falls
- $47,047.61 to Alexandria Bay Volunteer Fire Department
- $19,161.90 to Northpole Fire Co., Inc.
- $8,463.42 to Rutland Volunteer Fire Company, Inc.
- $3,994.28 to City of Ogdensburg