Immigration and Border Security
Congresswoman Stefanik supports securing our border and implementing commonsense measures to fix our legal immigration system.
Congresswoman Stefanik's record on immigration and border security:
- Last Congress, she voted in favor of H.R. 695 to provide $5.7 billion to secure our Southern Border.
- This year, she voted against H.R. 6, which would give amnesty to illegal immigrants.
- She voted to defund sanctuary cities by supporting H.R. 3003 -- the No Sanctuary for Criminals Act.
- She voted in favor of H.R. 6136, the Border Security and Immigration Reform Act, which included fixes to our immigration system and funds for securing our Southern Border.
- She has worked consistently to fix the agricultural visa program to ensure certainty for our North Country dairy farmers and seasonal producers.
More on Immigration and Border Security
Washington, D.C. – Today, Congresswoman Elise Stefanik sent a letter to Governor Cuomo opposing his decision to block all federal Law Enforcement officers from accessing the New York State DMV database. This comes after Governor Cuomo’s unconstitutional Green Light Law, which gives driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants. Federal Law Enforcement have not been notified of this decision.
This irresponsible decision will:
Washington, D.C. – Congresswoman Stefanik has signed onto a letter to the Department of Justice (DOJ) led by Congressman Lee Zeldin (NY-1) along with each member of New York’s Republican Congressional Delegation. The letter is in opposition to New York’s controversial “Green Light Law,” enacted on June 17, 2019, which allows issuance of a driver’s license to illegal immigrants. Out of the 12 states with similar laws, New York’s is among the least restrictive and least monitored.
Washington, D.C. – Congresswoman Elise Stefanik and Congressman Brian Higgins (D-NY-26) have introduced the BOUND (Border Officer Utilization for National Defense) Act, requiring minimum staffing levels for Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers stationed at ports of entry along the northern border.
Washington, D.C. – Congresswoman Elise Stefanik released the following statement on the passage of House Democrat's National Defense Authorization Act for FY2020:
Washington, D.C. – Today, the House passed the Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act of 2019, legislation that Congresswoman Elise Stefanik cosponsored. This bill eliminates the per-country limit established by the Immigration and Nationality Act for visas for employment-based immigrants. Currently, only 140,000 employment-based green cards are given annually, with nearly half of those going to dependents. Unfortunately, this increases wait times for all immigrants and furthers the problems within our legal immigration system.
Washington, D.C. – Congresswoman Elise Stefanik released the following statement on the House passage of the Senate's bill for emergency supplemental appropriations for humanitarian assistance and security at the Southern Border: