Washington, D.C. – Today, Congresswoman Elise Stefanik (R-NY-21) announced the 2016 Congressional Art Competition for New York’s 21st district. The Congressional Art Competition is open to all high school students in the 21st District.
“The North Country is home to many gifted students and the Congressional Art Competition is a great opportunity to showcase their talents,” said Congresswoman Stefanik. “Last year we received over 50 amazing entries from all parts of the district and I look forward to seeing this year’s submissions. The winner of this competition will have their artwork displayed in the U.S. Capitol for a year where it will be seen by visitors from around the world.”
Artwork entered in the contest must be original in execution, may be up to 28 inches by 28 inches, 4 inches in depth and cannot weigh more than 15 pounds. The artwork may be:
- Paintings - including oil, acrylics and watercolor
- Drawings - including pastels, colored pencil, pencil, charcoal, ink, and markers
- Collage (must be 2 dimensional)
- Prints - including lithographs, silkscreen and block prints
- Mixed Media – use of two or more mediums such as pencil, ink, watercolor
- Computer Generated Art
Art submissions along with a Congressional release form must be submitted to one of Congresswoman Stefanik’s district office locations no later than April 22, 2016. The Congressional release form can be found here and more information about the competitions rules and guidelines is posted here.