Watertown, NY – Today, Congresswoman Elise Stefanik (R-NY-21) announced the 2018 Congressional Art Competition for New York’s 21st District. The Congressional Art Competition is open to all high school students in NY-21.
“The Congressional Art Competition is an incredible opportunity for talented students across our district to showcase their artistic vision and creativity,” said Congresswoman Stefanik. “Each year my offices receive dozens of amazing pieces of artwork and I look forward to seeing this year’s submissions from students across the district. The winner of the Congressional Art Competition will have their artwork on display in the United States Capitol for an entire year for elected officials, dignitaries, and tourists from around the world to see.”
Artwork entered in the contest must be original in execution, may be up to 26 inches by 26 inches, 4 inches in depth and cannot weigh more than 15 pounds. The artwork may be:
- Paintings - including oil, acrylics and watercolor
- Drawings - including pastels, colored pencil, pencil, charcoal, ink, and markers
- Collage (must be 2 dimensional)
- Prints - including lithographs, silkscreen and block prints
- Mixed Media – use of two or more mediums such as pencil, ink, watercolor
- Computer Generated Art
Art submissions along with a Congressional release form must be submitted to one of Congresswoman Stefanik’s district office locations no later than April 28, 2018. Rules, guidelines, and required forms can be found here.