Washington, D.C. – Today, the China Task Force, of which Congresswoman Elise Stefanik is a member of, released their final report. After months of both classified and unclassified briefings with over 130 experts on China, national security officials, and leaders in emerging technology and business. The final report includes 82 key findings and more than 400 recommendations for a path forward in dealing with the malign activities of the Communist Party of China. Many of Congresswoman Stefanik’s submitted recommendations were incorporated directly into the final report.
You can find the report here.
“China poses the most significant national security and geopolitical threat to the United States in the 21st Century, and their intentional cover-up of the COVID-19 virus has awoken the world to the dangers they pose,” said Congresswoman Stefanik. “I’m proud that many of my direct recommendations are included in this final report, which will provide an important path forward in addressing the threat posed by China. Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, I’ve been very active in working on legislation to hold China accountable for their egregious cover-up which led to continued massive loss of life across the globe. I will continue working with my colleagues to ensure they are brought to justice.”
- Stefanik cosponsors legislation to protect covid-19 vaccine development from hackers
- Stefanik sends letter to Sec. Pompeo and AG Barr urging them to bring China to the ICJ
- Stefanik, Hawley introduce bicameral resolution to hold China accountable for coronavirus coverup
- Stefanik cosponsors legislation to move American pharmaceutical production out of China
- Stefanik, Gonzalez introduce Chinese Research Funds Accounting Act
- Stefanik cosponsors Transparency in Chinese Government Investment Act